“/ EDWIN STARR
… in order for there to be any kind of longevity there's gotta be some history.
Johnny Rockets Canada Head Office
Johnny Rockets is not just a great place to dine. We are a restaurant brand that wants to deliver an “experience.” We offer food and fun that allows our customers an escape from their everyday stresses. This experience is what sets us apart from our competitors and is the reason that our customers choose to dine with us. Every positive customer interaction is the essence of our brand.
This philosophy translates to both our restaurant and head office people. We look for cheerful and energetic people who have the spark that provides our customers and vendors with an experience they will be happy to remember. We want our team members to have a reason to be passionate in everything they do! After all, we can provide the ingredients and recipes for our delicious burgers, shakes, and fries… but only our team members can provide the fun and friendliness that has made Johnny Rockets famous around the world!
We hire candidates that portray our brand ideals. Remember, Johnny Rockets is based and thrives on fun! If you have what it takes to be part of our team we invite you to apply.
Bookkeeper/Controller - Full Time; Victoria, British Columbia
We invite applications for the position of Financial Controller, to take the next step in their career. Responsibilities include the management of financial accounting and reporting of the business together with establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This Financial Controller position will be based in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Prepare financial business plans and targets, operating, capital budgets and forecasts and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare timely and complete monthly and quarterly management accounts and annual financial accounts (to include P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasts); management reporting and analysis to support executive decision making. Manage cash flow, capital expenditure and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Account reconciliations, G/L management, monthly accruals, A/R, A/P and related functions, internal expense reporting, fixed asset management, tax filings and corporate tax installments are completed accurately and on time. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Analyze key variances and monitor progress of action plans to improve results and strategically operate the business.
- CA – CPA or CGA professional designation is required.
Post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- In addition, a minimum of 3 years’ business experience in a finance, restaurant or retail business, accounting or equivalent is required.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and accounting software systems with experience of GAAP accounting guidelines, principles and procedures.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying expectations.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with colleagues including senior management is a requirement.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
Communicates well in writing, verbally, edits and proof-reads materials prior to submission.
- An attractive salary and benefits package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY JULY 31, 2017 TO email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.